Mahan and Lut (Shahdad) Desert Adventure
Lut Desert to Mahan
Duration: 1 Days
Code: PIKD- L
What you need to know about this tour
- The UNESCO listed Lut Desert is located in southeast of Iran and Shahdad is one of the most amazing areas of this vast desert. What makes Shahdad Desert to stand out is the scenery of colossal yardangs (called Kalouts) created in result of strong seasonal winds and sand erosions, and its magical starry night sky.
- Note: If the weather is not suitable for camping, the overnight accommodation will be at an ecolodge in Shahdad.
- Note: You can take this tour without camping and overnight accommodation. In this case you will be back to Kerman around 8 pm.
What is Included
- Professional English speaking guide
- 4WD private car
- Entrance fees
- Tent and sleeping bag for camping or accommodation at ecolodge
- Snack, dinner, breakfast
1 Breakfasts, 1 Dinner
You will be picked up from your hotel at 9 am in the morning and drive to Mahan (37 kilometers). You’ll visit Shazdeh Garden, which is one of the nine Persian Gardens registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the Shah Nematollah Holy Shrine in Mahan. Arriving Shahdad Desert you will have a tour with a 4WD car and explore the beauties of the Lut Desert, like the Nebka trees, Gandom Beryan (registered as the hottest spot on earth on some years), and Zaban-e Mar Canyon. In the afternoon you will be back to Shahdad and get ready for enjoying the sunset with Kalouts view and having a memorable camping night under the starry sky. In the morning and after having a breakfast, you’ll visit Shafiabad caravanserai and the historic Qanat, and drive back to Kerman.
- Shazdeh Garden
- Shah Nematollah Holy Shrine
- Shahdad Desert